News:

Keeping Crip's dream alive is our mission! :)

Recent Topics

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 10,779
  • Total Topics: 1,379
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 879
  • (Jan 21, 20, 05:49:15 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 172
Total: 172

CS Manual help

Started by Rickard, Jul 04, 11, 06:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willemjan

Could you hook me up with an admin account on your site? I can then work better.

Rickard

willemjan

Thanks, but I would need an admin account on your forum. Not ftp ;)

Rickard

OK  ;D , now you have an admin account.

willemjan

Ok, is this better?

This is just a test site, and i have another question, why does the forum not show if i type in the domain name (www.diskussionsforum.se) in the browser?
How fix this? (I get alarms from services that scan my sites)

You installed your forum in diskussionsforum.se/vpforum. This means that you will only see the forum when typing /vpforum behind the domain name. If you want it to show directly, then you should have installed your forum in the root. You can do 2 things.

1: move the forum to the root
2: use an htaccess file to redirect to the correct folder

I'm not sure why your av software goes wild. Nothing happens here when visiting that site... I just get an 403 forbidden error

Rickard

It looks much better.
a few pixels less would be nice, could you point me to the change that hade effekt regarding the hight of the white space.
As you know i have 3 forums that i need to upgrade, so i need to know witch changes to make when doing the upgrade.

This testforum is an exakt copy of my live forum, that forum also being in a subfolder, one would think that the upgrade script would make all nessesare changes...

In fact the live forum is in: root/public_html/vpforum

The HTACCESS in root looks like this:
php_flag register_globals on

The HTACCESS in public_html looks like this:
php_value display_errors off
php_value register_globals on
php_value register_long_arrays on

There is no htaccess in vpforum folder.

And still, when i go to www.varmepumpsforum.com i land om the forum...

I run mkportal on the live site, and it is installed in root/public_html/mkportal and has no htaccess-file

In public_html there is a index.php that comes from mkportal, this making it function OK.

My worries is that changing folders after upgrade will make my google ranking go to nothing?
Will it?

Could you please explaine better what you meen with the following:
QuoteI'm not sure why your av software goes wild. Nothing happens here when visiting that site... I just get an 403 forbidden error

willemjan

Quote from: Rickard on Jul 15, 11, 07:06:17 AM
It looks much better.
a few pixels less would be nice, could you point me to the change that hade effekt regarding the hight of the white space.
As you know i have 3 forums that i need to upgrade, so i need to know witch changes to make when doing the upgrade.

It looks good here. What browser are you using?

This testforum is an exakt copy of my live forum, that forum also being in a subfolder, one would think that the upgrade script would make all nessesare changes...

In fact the live forum is in: root/public_html/vpforum

The HTACCESS in root looks like this:
php_flag register_globals on

The HTACCESS in public_html looks like this:
php_value display_errors off
php_value register_globals on
php_value register_long_arrays on

There is no htaccess in vpforum folder.

And still, when i go to www.varmepumpsforum.com i land om the forum...

I run mkportal on the live site, and it is installed in root/public_html/mkportal and has no htaccess-file

In public_html there is a index.php that comes from mkportal, this making it function OK.

My worries is that changing folders after upgrade will make my google ranking go to nothing?
Will it?

Well, you give the answer yourselve... the MKportal has an index.php in the root. Your testsite has no MKportal. That is the difference.

I don't know MKportal very well, but I guess it is set to stand-alone mode or something like that. This means that the frontpage is not getting shown when you go to the index.php of the forum. No, it has its own stand-alone index.php, which can be located in an different folder, like you have on your live site ;)

Could you please explaine better what you meen with the following:
QuoteI'm not sure why your av software goes wild. Nothing happens here when visiting that site... I just get an 403 forbidden error
I'm not sure why your services that scan your site goes wild. I don't get errors from my scanning programms. I just get an standard 403 error when going to the domain.

Rickard

Hi again.

I have now upgraded my live forum www.varmepumspsforum.com but i get complaines about slow page when surfing the page by iPhone.
One thing i wonder about is the background image, the black wallpaper, that are quite large.
Is it possible to not load this image?

How?

Is there anything else that could make the forum slower with SMF 2.0 and this theme?

Crip

You can remove it completely , it is heavy i know .. Ad's will slow page loading / RSS feed slows as\well ---
Run Forum Maintenance daily , optimize / repair you forum database .. all this i do , & recommend --

It will help the performance of your site.
I have become comfortably numb!

No PM's for Support unless invited! 

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -
TOTM Winner.

Rickard

Just deleting the image wont make any "search" delay, when the image isnt present?
Is it maybe batter to replace it with a solid 333333 coloured image in the same size?